Saturday, January 26, 2013

week 29

Week 29 was a tough one at work. I was busy, no, I was more than busy. I was drowning. I knew at some point it would get to this level of crazy but I really thought I'd be able to put on my usual fake smile and move on. Nope, not this week. This week the pure distain in my voice could not be so easily hidden.  I'm not saying it was anyone's fault. I mean, I'm holding down the fort in spectacular fashion (if I do say so myself) and even my drowning is better than most people's most productive days, but I wanted everyone to play their role. I would do my part, they would do their part and all would be okay. But that's not how it was working and I was getting super annoyed. By the end of the week everything was fine. Everyone knew where I stood and what I would and wouldn't take on any longer. It's hard enough being pregnant, adding more than double work to my plate, coming in early and staying late. I don't need anyone to "help" me by putting even more weight on my shoulders. Guess that's what happens when you're just too good at what you do. People think you're breezing through it when in reality it's all you can do to keep your head above water. What's the use in complaining though? Still gotta do the work. Enough about that.

This week I also got to check out the wonderful world of breastfeeding at a class I took at MUSC. After searching for "the main building" I asked a guy in scrubs what building he thought was the main building. He laughed and said "I work here and I don't know". After a quick look at the map he pointed me in a direction and said good luck. It was (thankfully!) the right direction and I got to class on time. Lots of good info but not really anything I couldn't have found with a Google search. At least it was free.


I didn't take a picture this week! Gasp. But someone did take one at work of me so here it goes. Thanks for Krystal for this dress / slash maternity top. haha





How far along:  29 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Weight 137. Total weight gain 15 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Yep. 
Stretch Marks: Only the ones I already had.
Best Moment This Week:  Standing my ground at work. 
Miss anything: Wine!!! Red red delicious wine. 
Movement:  All the time although he's slowing down this week. Running out of room I'm sure.
Food Craving: Anything really bad and fattening for me.
Anything make you queasy or sick: Not this week.
Have you started to show: Full force.
Gene Prediction: It's a boy.
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks have kicked in full force. Whoever said they didn't really hurt was obviously a dude. Sometimes it's okay and it's nothing but other times it's some serious practice for later. So scary.
Happy or Moody most of time: Happy unless someone is trying to take advantage of my niceness.
Weekly Wisdom:  The house won't clean itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment