Saturday, January 12, 2013

week 27

We're seriously rounding the corner out of my 2nd trimester. It's fun and scary all at the same time. I know how to handle a kid in utero. And don't get me wrong I know how to handle kids outside too but they've never been MINE! I mean, really? Who let that happen? Quite an adventure I'm sure it'll be.

This week I found out that our insurance carrier provides a FREE breast pump. FREE! People.  I'm more than excited about this. Pumps are very expensive but if I want to continue giving Oliver breast milk after I return to work it's a must. I only had the option to choose an Ameda Purely Yours Double Electric Pump. It was either that or a hand pump. Beggers can't be choosers so I'm going to see how it goes and if ALL.ELSE.FAILS (This pump would have to be worthless for me to consider this...) I'll look into getting a Medela which is said to be the best around. I get it. People love their popular brands, but come on, can't you get to point Z in a Mazda as well as a BMW? Sure the BMW might get you there faster but the Mazda does the job just fine. We shall see. 

I received a text with the two pictures below and I couldn't be happier. Cruzer really is a hands on person and isn't afraid to just git-er-done. He might make me say some things over and over again but when it comes to this baby, it jumps to it and makes it happen. I know he'll be a great father (once he gets the hang of it). He hung the map high since the dresser will double as a changing table. No need for it to be in arms reach. Might be too tempting for Oliver. And he scored bonus points for not putting any holes in the wall. He hung it from the moulding with wire.


He even hung up Ollie's clothes. That closet is looking mighty bare!


Before we get to baby stats I wanted to share a hair picture. I managed to go a whole two weeks without braids - It's shameful really. I should be able to go longer - and I gotta say it's getting there! Check out that lusciousness! It's of course longer but it's not straightened here. 


Enough about me. Let's get to this pregnancy shall we?  Please note! My face is NOT this fat. There is a shadow there - small shadow but a shadow. Seriously. I'm not just saying that because I want to be true. haha


Could B warn me about ashy elbows? jeez!

How far along:  27 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Holding steady at 135. Don't worry. I'll get checked by a doc week 28.
Maternity clothes: Um yeah, but the shirt above is not maternity. Jeans are - Thanks TT!
Stretch Marks: Only the ones I already had... Watch I'll say this until the last week and this little bugger will sprout up. Speaking of sprouts... Ollie is the size of a head of cauliflower.
Best Moment This Week:  Feeling Oliver's hiccups, learning about my breast pump, and realizing that even if Oliver was born at this very moment he'd have a fighting chance. Whew, weight lifted.
Miss anything: sushi and gin. Yeah, we're back at that!
Movement:  His schedule makes me mad - especially at night but it's fun to lay in bed with Cruzer and watch Ollie dance.
Food Craving: Chocolate. It was so bad that the hubs offered to go to the store at some point. Mind you it was 11pm.
Anything make you queasy or sick: I'm watching what I eat so no more acid reflux for the time being. 
Have you started to show: Full force.
Gene Prediction: You're a BOY!!
Labor signs: Nada
Belly Button in or out: Always an outie! Although people are really starting to notice the belly button now. So weird.
Happy or Moody most of time: Happy
Weekly Wisdom:  Ask and you shall receive. 

Funny photo.... me on my way to jazzy. Don't mind the mess!!! I think it's amazing how different the belly can look at any given time. These were taken on the SAME day! Just hours apart.



No comments:

Post a Comment