Monday, September 17, 2012

The Shades of Gray

Yeah, Yeah. I know... cutting it close to 50 Shades of Gray. Whatev. I refuse to let that silly series hold us all hostage. 

I'm not sure if it's too early to do this but we're already thinking of the nursery. It's got to be right because I have every intention of kickin kid in there as soon as possible after giving birth.  And yes, I know I can't do it immediately but I'm certainly not going far over the recommended weight. 

For now we're thinking gray, navy blue, and pops of color depending on the sex of the baby.  

Either one of these grays will do. We have paint samples that are similar that should be going up annnny day now.




We also got this rug months and months ago when we had the first go round. It's really the only thing we've purchased so far. Nice right? Usually these things go for $1100 for a little 5 x 8, which is what we have but we got ours on clearance from Marshall's for a little under $200. And I KNOW it's still a lot but can you put a price on love? No, you can't and it feels soooo good when you walk on it. It's 100% wool too. Probably a really bad thing for a baby's room but I don't care. It's just a rug.


While dumpster diving a couple years ago we came across a long low dresser with two side tables. The side tables are our bedside tables now but the dresser will go in the nursery after it's painted navy blue.  And just so you have a belly photo... I give you me in a 1/2 primed room. That green just would not do!!

A little before 12 weeks

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I lovvvvvvve the rug! I am sure my BNay will love it too! Sooooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great?! I'll have to show you next time you're on my side of town.... although I think you've already seen it. You can see it again.
      So I've taken up calling kid Benny b/c of your BNay (Bah-nay)... I thought I sounded like Forrest Gump one night and changed it to Benny... like how he said Jen-nay. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Benn-nay ala Forest Gump ... funny :) ... LURVE [to use your word] the colors! SSSSSOO nice ... bwt SEP's predicting a boy too (much to his chagrin) he's a member of the girls-steal-your-beauty tribe - hahaha -- girl or boy you look great and we wuv you and Beaner and Benny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well tell SEP thanks for not predicting a girl. Ouch... my feelings would have been hurt! LOL.

      Delete
  3. Hey let me know when you are gonna work on the dresser. I will come and help. I have to strip Ashleigh's bed down also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! Cruzer actually has a paint gun/sprayer that we can use. It'll go by really fast. I want to do that sooner than later while we still have a little summer heat. We might need it with how large the dresser is.

      Delete