Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lucky Us

Really it had nothing to do with luck. It's called strategic planning. I knew I'd have to go back to my OB three months from our miscarriage back in May so if we played our cards right we could see the baby really early.  It's a good thing and a bad thing.  Good because we'd get to see the baby early (duh) and bad because we'd get to see the baby early (double duh). There's a reason that OBs don't see women as early as I was seen. Anything can happen because it's so early. It was just a chance we'd have to take.

On August 14th we got to see our kiddo for the first time. A strong heartbeat, growing on schedule, a life.


6 weeks 4 days - more bloat than baby!

I gotta admit, we were all smiles! It's pretty amazing. For the moment I took back ever having said that I never, ever, ever wanted to carry a child.  Don't hold me to that though. 

Just to keep track:

How far along:  6 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: Let's just say none since I never weigh myself. We'll start at 121lbs
Maternity clothes: Heavens no!
Stretch Marks: Only the ones I already had
Sleep:  Sleeping great... It helps that I'm completely exhausted all.the.time!!!
Best Moment This Week: Getting to see the baby and watching Cruz through it all
Have you told family & friends: Not yet
Miss anything: Gin & tonics! yummmm
Movement: nope
Food Craving: Not so much craving as NOT craving. I can't eat anything white or pale in color. Chicken is a no go, pasta with any white sauce it out.. Thankfully fruit is IN.
Anything make you queasy or sick: Not eating. I must eat every 2 hours!
Have you started to show: Not really... not unless you count bloat
Gene Prediction: Boy
Labor signs: No
Belly Button in or out: Always an outie! 
Happy or Moody most of time: HAPPY!
Weekly Wisdom: Believe that I can do it and I will. Fake it till I make it if I have to. And not to get wrapped up in all the bad that could happen. Enjoy it while I can.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, staying positive is so important. I am not sure if the internet and modern day science testing is a good thing at times... they scare the new mommies to tears...

    Soak it all up. Every thing... everyday... even though I was young with my 3 babies... I remember a lot of things... and it was a joy to be a mommie. Now I am really happy to be a 40 year old auntie... Lord help me!!!

    ReplyDelete