Friday, March 15, 2013

week 37

We were most certainly feeling the love this week! Our family shower was this past weekend and we were so happy with the way everything turned out! The food was delicious, the decor was precious, and the people there made it so special. Nearly everyone we hold close to our hearts was there and even though some couldn't make it we still had lots of fun. Cruzer even had some guy friends show up who actually played the games which was really nice. I was so happy about that. And the thing that made me most happy (other than sharing the day with dear family and friends) my sisters didn't make just play too many silly games. lol. I was so afraid it would get out of hand! I'm so glad we made it a co-ed party. It was the best and I couldn't ask for better family. I've said before and I'll say it again... this little boy couldn't be born into a better family... well if one of us was filthy rich it would help but whatever.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the shower as I write this post but I'll get some. Tometta took lots and she even took these beautiful pictures of me the Sunday after the shower. 






These pictures are exactly how i want to remember this pregnancy... although I can count on one hand the number of times I actually wore this much make up during it.  I feel like Tometta captured how I feel right now. Carrying Oliver has been one of the best experiences I could have ever wished for. I was always so against carrying a child. So against the idea of something alien growing inside of me. And yes, even just a little so against tampering with a body that I was/am so proud of. Yes, the genes definitely have helped me out in that department but I've always worked hard. This will be my biggest challenge yet and I gotta say. I'm ready for it. Hopefully Oliver will hold out for one more weekend so that I can take one more picture pregnant with Cruzer but if not, that'll be okay too. 


How far along:  37 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Weight 147. 
Maternity clothes: Yes but the adorable dress up there is a non-maternity dress that I borrowed from Tometta.
Best Moment This Week:  The shower and my photo shoot! There are more pictures to come too. I'm so excited to see them.
Miss anything: MY BODY! I'm ready to get it back. No offense Oliver!
Movement:  Yes although he did slow down this week for a little. I thought for sure he was out of room but the next day he picked back up. No worries.
Food Craving: Not really
Anything make you queasy or sick: Not really. Too much tomato sauce though is never a good idea!
Have you started to show: Full force.
Gene Prediction: A boy for sure.
Labor signs:  Just waiting for those real contractions to kick in.
Weekly Wisdom:  Just be.


No comments:

Post a Comment