Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fast Forward


Where did the time go? I had Oliver yesterday didn't I? Haven't I just gotten home from the hospital?

This is the last photo that I took of Ollie and I when we were still "one"... It looks painful haha.

Dear Oliver,
One day you'll ask me about the day you were born and I'll tell you that I barely remember what I ate for dinner the night before. And then I'll remember how I asked Mimi about the details of my birth and she had to check her medical records. So for the sake of our sanity here's how it all went down my boy. 

You arrived right on time. Your daddy and auntie Tometta were with us when we drove down to MUSC at 3ish AM. The doctor was ready to send us home because my contractions were close together but not strong enough to make you want to leave your cozy little space. But when she checked you via ultrasound you had drank up all the water and they were nervous that I'd lay on your umbilical cord. So on April 1 we were admitted and I was induced.  The pain wasn't too bad actually even after they pumped up the pitocin. Your momma was a very fortunate girl because we all have pretty high pain tolerance in the family. So there was hanging out and eating Chick-fil-a (the others not us... we had jello and ginger ale) for hours that morning. 
Daddy watching tv while we waited.

Ashton, Auntie Lillie, Mimi and Daddy eating and hanging out.

Everyone above and your auntie Cassandra, auntie Tometta, Uncle Sean, Nana, and Epaw all came down and hung out for a while. Around 11 am Dr. Lazenby came by and broke my water. This was supposed to be when the fun started. You were supposed to dive head first into the bright world but you weren't ready. So we waited. Daddy went home and got some snacks and pillows. People went home to rest. Dr. Lazenby was sure we'd be pushing by 9 pm but when she came down to check us you were still just as cozy. Not really wanting to move down. So we waited. Finally by 10 pm we were ready to push! Auntie Tometta and Daddy held my legs and we listened to music while we cheered for you to come. Two hours and forty-five minutes later you were here. Turns out you were looking at the sky which makes it very hard to get you out. But we had made it and you were so beautiful.

My first words to you were "hello my love". And so the love affair began.

Oliver Cruz Krafsig born April 2, 2013 at 12:45 am, 6 lbs 7 oz, 20 inches long.









First family photo!

Everyone stuck around to meet you even though it was really late!






After you arrived we had a meet and greet. You had a chance to eat (perfect latcher I might add) and then we were rolled down to postpartum where we were tucked in tight. I got a bit wobbly but after a good nights sleep I was back in the game. You spent the night in the nursery that night but you were back with me by the time the sun came up. Looking oh so handsome.



We had many visitors the next day and got lots of rest but that was my limit. I wanted to be home, in my own room, in my own bed. Not being checked every thirty minutes.









And so we packed our bags, check out of the hospital and drove on home. It was sunny, a bit chilly. But the sky was as blue as ever. And then there were 3.






We had our first check up and it turned out you were jaundice. They gave us a light pack to put on your back. You were so tiny that it nearly covered your entire body. You were so cute with that blue light.


We had a wonderful first few days home. You were a champion sleeper. Stayed awake for visitors and got ride of your jaundice in record time. You had us all wrapped around your little finders.






And so our lives began. You forever changed it all and I gotta say... I'm lovin' every minute of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment