Thursday, October 15, 2015

Here we go again?

hello... hello... is this thing on?

It's been over two years since my last post.  Oliver is a walking, talking, ball of energy. Adorable most of the time. Lucky he's so adorable at other times.

I think it may be time to start up the old blog again... but I could be getting ahead of myself.  You see. I'm 9 weeks per my calculations but I haven't taken a test. Haven't told a soul (other than B of course). Haven't called a doctor's office to schedule an appointment.  I'm just being. Like in the old days when women didn't have all the fancy technology. They knew their bodies and they waited until it grew.

A few months back we went through miscarriage numero dos just shy of nine weeks. And we didn't tell many people. Just five to be exact. No family members. Weird right? Why not tell family? Why not be showered in love? Dunno, suppose it's not what we needed at the time. I didn't want sad looks, questions of how I was feeling. I needed to be okay without anyone questioning it.  I had a little curly headed boy to look after and he needed me to be everything that I always am.  In this case I felt that I didn't have the luxury to wallow in my misfortune. It saved me really. Oliver saved me.  But it has made me gun shy. It makes me hesitate to speak the words out loud.  There will be plenty of time to celebrate. 

I've been going though the ringer this first trimester.  Full on nausea 24/7, sciatic pain already, food aversions, and super human smell (which doesn't help with the nausea!)... oh and the extreme tiredness. I don't remember feeling this way with Oliver ever. But I was three years younger. Gettin' old is hell as they say. Ha. Kidding... Kinda.

Well. We'll see what happens.  Here's to praying, eating right, prenatal vitamins, and no drama!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment