Thursday, December 27, 2012

week 25

I have one word for you: IKEA!

We went, we spent, we conquered. And with that I give you pictures:

At first we thought the huge map should go over the crib, but the thought of it falling on poor Ollie one night made us change the location. It's just too big to really "nail" down.

So now the map will go over the dresser / changing table on the opposite side of the room near the closet. It fits much better there too. Cruzer wants to hang it from the molding somehow. I gave him a "good luck with that".
 

Although these plain Jane Malm dressers will do for now I have big plans for them by the time Ollie gets here. One of these three things will happen.. or you know... a million other things that I might find:
 Dope right?  Anyone still use Dope? I just did... it was dope of me to do so.

Here's Cruz putting together a shelf that we'll use for a window bench / toy storage / book shelf.
 
Here's the general idea of how it'll look but we'll add legs so that the vent isn't covered and we'll add a cushion to the top. The baskets we got are almost like those but not really.

 
We got a few other things like a shoes storage unit for the kitchen (more on that another day), and stuffed animals (you can spy them on top of the dresser near the crib).

I'm so happy that Tometta and Sean were able to come with us. It is infinitely more fun when you have people just as excited about your baby shopping for his nursery! Annnnd they were able to make me see that some things were a must - like the very expensive map that you see up there. I wasn't so excited. Cruz... wouldn't walk away from it. He just refused to move even after I said it cost too much and it wasn't "on the list!" He loved it and they helped me love it too. And ya know what? It's one of my favorite things in his little room right now. The world is so big and sometimes we forget that. I want him to know that there is more than just Charleston, South Carolina to be seen. He deserves to see the world... and for now he can everyday.

Tometta took this purdy little picture of my fat face and belly while we were in Cola. I got a text at 9:52 am saying "can i put makeup on you?". It's always a fun way to start the day, yes?
Talk about a sway back! Ollie is off and poppin!!!
 
How far along:  25 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: No idea. The scale is probably not my friend. Let's just say 13ish.
Maternity clothes: Yep. But I can still wear some non-maternity tops and today I squeezed my big butt into some cords that are non-maternity.
Stretch Marks: Only the ones I already had...
Best Moment This Week:  Shopping for the nursery and getting to spend time with the family!
Miss anything: Ummmm not this week.
MovementHe's slowed down a little which scares me. Last time that happened we had a MAJOR growth spurt. I expect a bigger belly any day now.
Food Craving: Everything that's bad for me.
Anything make you queasy or sick: Nada.
Have you started to show: Full force.
Gene Prediction: You're a BOY! Thank the Lord.
Labor signs: Negative although I've got some... shall we say... weird aches going on. We'll just leave it at that.
Belly Button in or out: Always an outie!
Happy or Moody most of time: Happeeeeeeeee
Weekly Wisdom:  So many comments from the peanut gallery that you'd think everyone has an MD. I think God made women want to tell other women during pregnancy what to do and what not to do so that we learn patience. Patience is the key to life. I gotta get me some!
 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, all caught up :) ... Love the room and the pic --- such a pretty momma-to-be ... Scouts Honor ... but then you've GOT to know that

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... yeah yeah. I'm not chopped livah I know. Thanks sissy!

    ReplyDelete