This week Oliver has been rocking and rolling. Literally. He's moving ALL the time. Day, night, and every time in between. I'm starting to wonder about this whole sleeping 12-14 hours a day theory. He certainly doesn't seem to be following those rules. I suppose rules are made to be broken.
I had a doctor's appointment and everything looks like it's right on track. My growing belly is measuring 24 weeks and a few days and Oliver's heart beat was strong. I thought it was a bit slower than usual but the doctor assured me all was well and it was probably because I hadn't eaten yet. But in all, good moves, good growth for both of us, and I was given the all clear to dance another day (jazzercise gets talked about every appt now).
One big win for the week was Cruzer agreeing (happily I might add) to do Daddy Boot Camp at MUSC. Wha Whaaaat?! Thought for sure I'd have to convince him or fight him on it (which we're doing now about the wonderful topic of circumcision. I say it's a must, he says absolutely not. No worries I WILL win this battle.) Anywho...
In all, the week has been filled with work, work, work, and jazzercise. But it feels good to go in early when it's nice and quiet and get the more time consuming things out of the way. And because we're so busy I tried my hand at some "make ahead meals" for our crockpot! Watch your back Sally Homemaker! I spent one hour making five meals. Booyah. Eat it. The meals included - Garlic Honey Chicken, Beef Burritos, Chicken Fajitas, Hawaiian Chicken, and Teriyaki Pork Chops. We've already eaten the Chicken Fajitas and B asked me to save the recipe. Score 1 for Pinterest meals. Find out how it's done right >>> here.
How far along: 24 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: A whooping 12 pounds...
Total weight gain/loss: A whooping 12 pounds...
Maternity clothes: Yep. I can only wear one pair of my non-maternity jeans and I'm actually fitting perfectly into some dresses that TOJ let me borrow. Oh hello size six. Nice to meet you.
Stretch Marks: Only the ones I already had... but this itchy belly is not a good sign of things to come.
Best Moment This Week: Doesn't happen often because Ollie won't cooperate but having B feel his kicks. and car rides where we talk about what kind of parents we want to be. I used to hear it more in years past, where people say they never want to become their mothers, but for now I want nothing more than to be the mom I had growing up.
Best Moment This Week: Doesn't happen often because Ollie won't cooperate but having B feel his kicks. and car rides where we talk about what kind of parents we want to be. I used to hear it more in years past, where people say they never want to become their mothers, but for now I want nothing more than to be the mom I had growing up.
Annnddd another great moment was spending time with mom and Lou for their anniversary!
Miss anything: Going out to dinner and getting a little tipsy. Just a little. Nothing major.
Movement: Day and night... Oliver is a ball of energy.
Food Craving: Not really. In fact I haven't been eating as well as I should. Must eat more veggies!! I'm thinking smoothies might be the answer to this veggie problem.
Anything make you queasy or sick: Not this week.
Have you started to show: Full force.
Gene Prediction: You're a BOY! Booyah!
Labor signs: No. Thank God! My doctor asked if I had been having any signs and I nearly freaked out at the notion. Labor is starting to become front and center of my thoughts at night.
Belly Button in or out: Always an outie! But it sure has flattened out!
Happy or Moody most of time: Happy Happy Joy Joy
Weekly Wisdom: Swim in a vat of coco butter all day long. Must avoid stretch marks at all cost.
Miss anything: Going out to dinner and getting a little tipsy. Just a little. Nothing major.
Movement: Day and night... Oliver is a ball of energy.
Food Craving: Not really. In fact I haven't been eating as well as I should. Must eat more veggies!! I'm thinking smoothies might be the answer to this veggie problem.
Anything make you queasy or sick: Not this week.
Have you started to show: Full force.
Gene Prediction: You're a BOY! Booyah!
Labor signs: No. Thank God! My doctor asked if I had been having any signs and I nearly freaked out at the notion. Labor is starting to become front and center of my thoughts at night.
Belly Button in or out: Always an outie! But it sure has flattened out!
Happy or Moody most of time: Happy Happy Joy Joy
Weekly Wisdom: Swim in a vat of coco butter all day long. Must avoid stretch marks at all cost.

No comments:
Post a Comment